Addressing key problems identified: Lack of cohesion both within families and within the community, high levels of debt leading to tension in the family home and poor physical health.
Family Connect is a Big Lottery funded project, it will engage with 250 families over five years. It aims to create a stronger sense of community bringing families together through a number of relational activities such as, free coach trips to family fun locations, family theatre outings, family meals, BBQ fun days, family /community Parties, parents pamper sessions, and much more.
- Pre-school Activities – The activity will focus on the performing arts and the emphasis will be on doing something fun together. The activity will aim to build stronger bonds between parents and young children through a shared goal, activity and sense of achievement.
- Cooking Together – Sessions for parents and school age children. Sessions will take place after school hours and will not only focus on the parent and children cooking a family meal together but also provide education about basic nutrition, how to avoid food waste and cooking on a low budget. At the end of each session, families will sit down together for a shared meal.
- Family Active Fun – We will provide weekly dance and fun activity workshops to improve health and wellbeing for the whole family. Each activity will focus on the benefits of physical exercise but the focus will be on having fun together.
- Money Management workshop – will be a half day money education course designed to improve the skills of parents in the areas of basic financial planning, paying bills, the cost of loans, food budgeting, home energy management and debt management.
Fixed free activities
- Pre-school Jingle Bells
Wed 10am till 12 noon (just turn up)
- Activite fun Zumba
Thursday 5pm till 5.45pm (just turn up)
Thursday 4pm till 6pm (Call to book your place)
- Family craft workshop
Tuesday 4pm till 5pm (Call to book your place)
- Trips Out (on going)
- Managing you budget workshops (Call to book your place)
- Family Parties (call to find out dates)
- DadNchild Arts class (Call to book your place)
- Family dance2gether – Whole Family Fun (Call to book your place)
- Community Free Family Meal (once a month – Call to book your seat)
Money Management Workshops
Jingle Bells preschool
9am - 5pm
Tuesday to Thursday.
Our main office number is 0151 476 2342
If your call cannot wait until usual office hours you can call:
For venue enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org